A cutting-edge marketing and consumer insights platform, Prodege has charted a course of innovation in the evolving technology landscape by helping leading brands, marketers, and agencies uncover the answers to their business questions, acquire new customers, increase revenue, and drive brand loyalty & product adoption. Bolstered by a major investment by Great Hill Partners in Q4 2021 and the strategic acquisition of Pollfish, a modern, mobile-first survey platform, Prodege looks forward to more growth and innovation to empower our partners to gather meaningful, rich insights and better market to their target audiences.
As an organization, we go the extra mile to “Create Rewarding Moments” every day for our partners, consumers, and team. Come join us today!
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance and Accounting team. This is primarily a GL accounting role with scope to expand into technical accounting, financial reporting, overseeing international subsidiaries and other areas as the candidate and company grows.
This position will:
- Assist in completing month-end close within 7 business days, which includes posting journal entries and reconciling the corresponding balance sheet accounts
- Prepare various account reconciliations on a monthly, quarterly and year end basis, including, for example, accruals, prepaid expenses, PPE, intangible assets etc.
- Perform analysis and maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accruals are properly captured
- Assist in reviewing, monitoring and reconciling activities from our international subsidiaries
- Assist in preparing monthly P&L and balance sheet flux analyses, explain budget versus actual variances, and other financial trends
- Help to design, implement and enhance processes, procedures and internal controls
Additionally, this position will:
- Assist in integrating new acquisitions, including purchase price accounting, designing and implementing new processes and procedures for ongoing accounting for acquisitions, and coordinating with overseas/ non-local teams
- Prepare financial schedules for year-end financial audit, tax audits etc. and assist with the coordination and completion of such audits
- Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned, including technical accounting and financial reporting
- Maintain files, accounting documents, records, reports, and any other pertinent data in accordance with department policies and procedures
- Serve as backup for submitting accounts payable payments and processing of bills if needed
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant Accounting role. Public accounting background a strong plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC guidelines
- MS Office – must have strong working knowledge of Excel; knowledge of Word and PowerPoint a plus
- Knowledge of NetSuite, FloQast, Tipalti or similar systems a plus
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of general ledger accounts
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multitask, set own priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and meet deadlines
- CPA (or working towards) strongly preferred, but not required