Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to empower our QA department. In this role, you will construct the tools necessary to efficiently test a diverse set of games at all stages of development, from concept through post-launch. It requires the ability to build a long-term vision for the tools while simultaneously being able to pivot to meet the immediate needs of our customers.
Who You Are:
- You are a champion for the quality of your products
- You can build, manage, and maintain a diverse set of tools
- You understand the unique challenges of testing video games
- You see the roadblocks presented to QA and relish overcoming them
- You pivot quickly to meet the immediate needs of the QA team
What You Will Do:
- Evaluate and integrate automated test frameworks
- Work in unison with QA to architect specific Test tools to enable QA to validate the quality of the games more effectively
- Develop expertise with back-end services to ensure testers focus testing on the highest-impact scenarios
- Collect/expose data about the test to help QA prioritize test suites
- At least three years of experience as a Test Engineer building tools
- At least three years of experience in games as a Tester or Test Engineer with at least one full product cycle
- Experience with at least one of: Python, GitHub, CI/CD systems.