Lead Lighting Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Lead Lighting Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Lead Lighting Artist, you will be responsible for leading the lighting team and collaborating with world art team to create lighting scenarios that showcase the aesthetics of our environments.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an extraordinary lighting artist that has a deep portfolio of amazing content.
- You are personally driven to achieve excellence in environmental lighting, both aesthetically and technically. You find it deeply satisfying to exceed expectations of how great you can make our lighting look.
- You are technical enough to quickly learn new tools and workflows and work comfortably with engineers and technical artists.
- You are able to document, mentor and lead your team on additional workflows, technical constraints and best practices.
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with a level designer, understand their discipline, and help them find the gameplay they're looking for through lighting.
- You stay on top of the latest tools and workflows, and you find ways to motivate and inspire innovation across your team.
- You have a proven track record of leading, mentoring, and organizing lighting artists to create lighting scenarios that support a range of styles in a cohesive way across multiple levels.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Work with the World Art Lead, Level Design Lead, World Technical Artists, and Art Director to plan, organize, budget, and create lighting scenarios for the entire game.
- Meet with the World Art Lead, Art Director, and Lighting Artists to review their work.
- Collaborate with the world art team to establish lighting scenarios that strongly support a specific visual style that will support the Art Direction within a specific area and across the entire game.
- Join a playtest to see how you teams lighting work is influencing the game and to give feedback on the entire game.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of next generation lighting pipelines, tools and workflows.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience creating environment assets and 2+ years in a Senior or Leadership role
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.