About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
We are looking for a QA Manager to work with Cauldron Studios to define best QA practices and collaborate with them to meet project deliverables with minimal bug wake and high efficiency, leading to more iteration and better experiences for their players. The QA Manager will work across multiple disciplines to implement and effectively utilize QA resources against the unique goals of each project.
Who You Are
- You love mentoring both new and experienced testers
- You are passionate about QA as a discipline and career path
- You are relentless about tracking down and documenting issues
- You are a fierce advocate for product quality
- You are confident representing QA as an equal part of a studio leadership team
- You communicate effectively with a diverse audience
What You Will Do
- Act as a leader on project teams, including team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, and decision making
- Manage multiple QA teams, each providing specific support to product teams
- Develop test strategies that meet the needs of the teams you are supporting
- Ensure that the QA teams have proper schedules, priorities, and guidance to facilitate a successful release
- Own communication regarding QA with the ProbablyMonsters team and partner studios
- Actively participate in testing and playtests as appropriate
- Share best practices and learnings across all QA teams at ProbablyMonsters
- Build and manage a QA team working on projects using the Unreal engine
- Manage the delivery process to partner teams (deadlines, key phases, communication, reports)
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test case management software to track and report bug metrics to provide all stakeholders with an accurate report of the project’s quality
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation, maintenance, and improvement of QA tools and processes
- Collaborate with and mentor developers on upholding best QA practices
- Maintain a strong culture of quality and mutual respect with partner development teams
- Use discretion working with confidential, proprietary information between groups
- 4 years’ experience testing software and/or games
- 2 years’ experience managing game testing released on different platforms
- Relevant experience in managing, leading, and developing quality assurance teams
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and understanding of QA best practices, principles, and methodologies
- Experience testing at least one AAA game
- Experience managing testing for game projects with long term sustainment plans
- Experience working directly with game development teams
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.