Environment Concept Artist
Our studio is looking for an Environment Concept Artist who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Environment Concept Artist is responsible for creating spectacular environment-focus concept art and helping our team achieve their aesthetic vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are personally driven to achieve excellence in concept art, with a special talent for environments, PVP/competitive map design and world building.
- You find it deeply satisfying to work collaboratively to create evocative new worlds that excite the imagination.
- You pride yourself in your ability to create concept art that communicates and helps all members of our team succeed.
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and through your art; whether it be an epic tone piece or a simple napkin sketch.
- Not only is your portfolio amazing, it clearly shows a passion for shaping and creating player-focused experiences.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You have shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- You have a basic working knowledge of Unreal Engine or a similar engine.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our Game Director, Lead World Artist and World Tech Artist to review your most recent work.
- Collaborating with a Level Designer to create spaces that are fun to play as well as aesthetically compelling.
- Joining a playtest session to give notes and see how your concept art is translating into gameplay.
- Syncing with your team manager to plan your career goals for the next year.