Senior Technical Product Manager
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
• And more…..
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class, Senior Technical Product Manager for our Platform and Services team to define product features and roadmaps that delivers value through our platform technologies for our games teams. This is an opportunity to blend your technical skills and insightful understanding of gaming platforms and services to define the future development and growth for our technology platform. In this role, you will leverage your in-depth understanding of player use/behavior, foundational requirements, future opportunities, and industry trends to define and align technical features and solutions across multiple products in the ProbablyMonsters’ portfolio.
Who You Are
- Love to work closely with internal teams to define user needs that drive platform feature and service development.
- Skilled at developing technology roadmaps, listening closely to partner feedback, distilling player needs down to technical features, and tracking success.
- Keep up on industry trends, player behaviors, and identify the key components that lead to the best user experience and business value.
- Technically capable of defining services down to the API level support for partner teams
- Have a strong technical background that enables you to define and communicate concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and in written format, to other developers and partners.
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Motivated and independent, unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always willing to offer help.
- You put people first, every time.
What You Will Do
- Leverage your in-depth understanding of the games platform landscape to partner closely with Engineering, Marketing, Games teams, and our Product org to map out current and future platform requirements.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of game platform development, leverage that information to drive the best user and business value to drive investment in platform features.
- Be the champion for the user.
- Work across organizations to properly prioritize game needs against scalable platform and service development.
- Own ideation, leading the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas.
- Align and track feature development and progress, proactively identifying and resolving gaps across technology, services, and games needs.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative data and visualizations to drive and validate development and user experience in an unbiased manner.
- Ensure all aspects of communication are scalable and robust.
- Experience in game development, particularly with technical definition and development of APIs and/or platform, tools, and services
- Experience in complex product definition and competitive landscape evaluation
- Deep understanding of game platform technologies (Unreal and Live Game Services), user needs, and business value
- Strong product leadership, demonstrating user empathy and data-driven decision making.
- Experience shipping games from inception through live releases, understanding all phases of development and solid familiarity with suite of services and processes required.
- Ability to communicate concepts, verbally and in written format, to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent track record of healthy partner relationships, empathy, and listening skills.
Our Commitment to You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.