QA Engineering Lead
ProbablyMonsters is a developer of AAA studios that unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create original content and exceptional interactive experiences. Our shared purpose is to build the next generation of AAA game development studios where people, culture and creativity come first.
We are looking for a QA Engineering Lead for our headquarters to build and manage a world-class team as we embark on a journey spanning multiple years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
QA as a discipline at ProbablyMonsters is responsible for confirming and reporting on the status of projects developed by our partners. Executing against and reporting on test plans, milestone verification’s, as well as other tasks related to verifying the quality standards of the deliverables.
As a QA Engineering Lead, you will contribute to this goal by interfacing with functional QA leads and partner developers to architect solutions for improving QA efforts from early prototyping through launch and sustainment. You will lead a team responsible for insight, guidance and the creation of reusable tools or automation across multiple projects. You will also be responsible for hiring, onboarding and training new QA Engineers as well as acting as an advisor in shipping projects.
Requirements for success:
- 8 plus years’ experience testing games.
- 4 plus years’ experience as a Test Lead, with at least one full game cycle.
- Professional coding experience in programming languages like C#, or C++.
- An understanding of test methodologies and when to best utilize them.
- Experience training\mentoring Test Engineers.
- Ability to write test specs and test passes against the provided test plan.
- Ability to both oversee the execution of test passes as well as auditing bugs for quality and actionability.
- Ability to mentor developers on QA best practices.
- Ability to maintain a strong culture of quality and mutual respect with partner development teams.
- Experience designing and maintaining large automated test suites using test case management software.
- Experience with agile or scrum development.
- Flexibility to move between projects and adjust schedules in alignment with business needs.
- Ability to architect a broad range of scalable processes and software solutions.
- Experience working with the Unreal engine.
- Experience supporting a live game.
- Experience working directly with game development teams.
- Experience hiring and building effective teams.
Nice to have:
- Experience shipping at least one AAA game through a full development cycle.
- Experience doing / supporting data mining.