Lead Engine Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class Lead Engine Engineer to build the Game Services Engine Team. This team's mission is to magnify the engineering teams across all studios, bringing specialized knowledge and common solutions to the studios so they can focus on making the game fun. In this role, you will set the team's culture, work with the leadership of each studio to understand their needs and define how your team works to maximize its impact across all studios.
Who You Are
- You care deeply about the people on your team
- You emphasize collaboration, both within your team and with other teams
- You cultivate people by empowering their decisions, setting aggressive goals, holding people accountable, and providing actionable feedback
- You love games and the game industry, and you dream of revolutionizing the way games are made
- You understand the problems faced by the different types of game software engineers and content creators
What You Will Do
- Build a people-focused team with great culture, work-life balance, and personal growth
- Engage in redefining the meaning of a shared-tech team by empowering our studios with technology and strategic insight, thus enabling development velocity limited only by creative throughput
- Balance resources to deliver studio specific and shared technology solutions depending on what would have the highest impact for the company
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with studio teams
- Mentor other engineers in coding, system development, and time management
- At least four years of professional experience building AAA games in Unreal Engine 4 or comparable engine using C++
- Worked on every stage of AAA game development, from preproduction to launch
- Minimum two years of experience as the lead or manager of a Software Engineering team