Lead Engine Engineer
About The ProbablyMonsters™ Central Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Supporting multiple simultaneous AAA game projects with shared resources and benefits, our Central Team connects all studios by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences. Members of the Central team provide HR, Finance, IT, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Biz Dev, and Operations guidance so our development studios get the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
The Central Team is looking for a seasoned, world-class Lead Engine Engineer to build the Game Services Engine Team. This team's mission is to magnify the engineering teams across all studios, bringing specialized knowledge and common solutions to the studios so they can focus on making the game fun. In this role, you will set the team's culture, work with the leadership of each studio to understand their needs, and define how your team works to maximize its impact across all studios.
Who You Are
- You care deeply about the people on your team
- You emphasize collaboration, both within your team and with other teams
- You cultivate people by empowering their decisions, setting aggressive goals, holding people accountable, and providing actionable feedback
- You love games and the game industry, and you dream of revolutionizing the way games are made
- You understand the problems faced by the different types of game software engineers and content creators
What You Will Do
- Build a people-focused team with great culture, work-life balance, and personal growth
- Engage in redefining the meaning of a shared-tech team by empowering our studios with technology and strategic insight, thus enabling development velocity limited only by creative throughput
- Balance resources to deliver studio specific and shared technology solutions depending on what would have the highest impact for the company
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with studio teams
- Mentor other engineers in coding, system development, and time management
- At least four years of professional experience building AAA games in Unreal Engine 4 or comparable engine using C++
- Worked on every stage of AAA game development, from preproduction to launch
- Minimum two years of experience as the lead or manager of a Software Engineering team