Principal Data Scientist & Systems Designer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Principal Data Scientist & Systems Designer who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. In this hybrid role, you will be responsible for fusing your ability to create insights through data with your ability to design game systems that facilitate amazing player experiences.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an accomplished data scientist within competitive or Live games. You have peered deep into complex design problems and player behavior and have a wealth of insights on how to ask the right data questions effectively.
- You are an accomplished systems designer within competitive games. You have an impressive portfolio of shipped systems and have at least one that you consider exceptionally well-designed.
- You are passionate about building features & systems for competitive games. You enjoy picking apart systems in your favorite games and imagining how you would make them even better.
- You are a strong technical writer and communicator. You are able to successfully describe a feature comprehensively and in detail to a wide range of development disciplines, while keeping your teammates feeling empowered to push back on it.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Work with Gameplay Design as to how we can better measure balance
- Making a decision as to the right amount of punishment for a specific toxic player behavior
- Designing a new social feature and working across disciplines to help find the best version
- Changing the amount of XP required to earn a Reward based off new information you discovered
- You have shipped at least one successful "AAA" titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine and Tableau are both a big plus.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.