ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Producer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You are responsible for evangelizing our development philosophy, refining our processes, keeping us focused, and connecting the dots that inform our successes and failures. In addition, you are a strong advocate for keeping our projects predictable, on time, within budget, and as accurately scoped as possible.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have the communication skills necessary to push developers to be decisive and take on hard choices without creating long-term resentment or friction.
- You are excited about helping our team members achieve their creative vision and believe in player-focused development, where gameplay quality usually is prioritized first.
- You are practiced at consulting with a broad range of different perspectives to build consensus on the best way forward.
- You have a finely honed product sense and can confidently recognize success in the build when you see it.
- You can draw complex information from teammates to accurately forecast where we're heading, spot trouble before it arrives, and push the team to address it.
- You have extraordinary expertise in successfully debugging and refining development processes. You're passionate about helping people find a better way to work.
- Your knowledge of the discipline of game industry production is thorough enough that you’re capable of successfully developing producers with less experience than you into stronger teammates.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish or have equivalent game development experience.
- Working with our Executive Producer on a risk mitigation plan in case we miss a short-term project goal you helped develop.
- Gathering feedback and working with leadership to improve a critical process for a design team.
- Running a cross-functional meeting to come to alignment on a feature decision.
- Informing updates to the project roadmap based off new information you've absorbed from the team.
- Speaking with test to understand scope better for a complex feature.
- Playing the game in a playtest, and discussing your experience and impressions with your teammates
- Preparing a clear list of work to drive the prioritization and negotiation of a collaborative cross-functional milestone plan.
- 5-7 years experience in production or project management in game development, or equivalent experience in game development in a different discipline (i.e. as a team discipline lead)
- You have shipped at least one AAA title, or equivalent game development experience
- You are very experienced with at least one software development production process, Agile certification or training a plus
- You have expert level understanding of at least one project tracking software suite such as Jira, TFS, Shotgun, or Hansoft
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.