About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us redefine how games are made! In this critical role, you will support our internal development teams and studios in building state-of-the-art infrastructure that will provide compilation, testing, packaging, deployment, and operation of studio-created software and services.
Who you are:
- You see game development as a team effort and are driven by seeing you and your team learn, grow, and succeed together in a respectful and supportive environment.
- You enjoy writing high quality, flexible, easily maintainable, performant software and thoughtfully supporting others to do the same.
- You thrive on engaging with creative teams and empowering them to realize their vision in the games and content they create.
- You strive to proactively find solutions to the development workflow challenges faced by game teams, especially those challenges that seem impossible.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with our game studios and the ProbablyMonsters engineering team to design and implement state-of-the-art backend deployment systems and infrastructure that will support all stages of development.
- Develop new engineering skills alongside your team as you engage in the development of multiple AAA games simultaneously.
- Support our teams in creating scalable and reliable systems and tooling for facilitating rapid software development and deployment.
- Promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer-focus.
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience with the following
- Containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc…)
- Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc…)
- Cloud computing platform support (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc…)
- Distributed and public source control management (Git, Perforce, etc…)
- Package Managers (npm, pip, NuGet, etc…)
- Scripting languages (python, bash, powershell, etc…)
- Linux and Windows
- General security and observability tooling
- CI/CD Workflows
- Automated testing and monitoring of infrastructure
- Agile or Sprint-based development
- Effective documentation and communication skills
- Experience supporting the development and retail release of at least one game.
- Unreal Engine experience is a major plus