Software Engineer, Web
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 230 likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will join a cross-functional team of Engineers, Designers, Artists, and Technical Program Managers in developing the foundation of our external web applications which will support our portfolio of studios and products.
If you want to join a people-first company committed to helping everyone create amazing games while creating a powerful and supportive set of new products using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you!
This role’s key focus is on designing and architecting the suite of modern web applications and sites, which ProbablyMonsters depends on to communicate and market our portfolio of products to the world. You will spend your days collaborating with our experienced development staff to ensure that each team has the tools they need to share and manage the latest information about their teams, products, and goals.
Who You Are:
- You enjoy writing high-quality, flexible, easily maintainable, performant software and thoughtfully supporting others to do the same.
- You understand the challenges of building scalable applications and services across a tiered architecture and can navigate through them without issue.
- A curious expert in both frontend and backends of modern web technologies.
- You know when to focus on short-term needs and when to focus on building for the future.
- Self-driven with the ability to deliver results with minimal supervision.
What You Will Do:
- Own the design and architecture of our external web applications and the support tools our teams need to manage them.
- Provide a deep understanding of current web technologies and apply that knowledge to building scalable solutions.
- Define the workflow pipeline for our non-technical staff and designers to safely and easily publish updates to production.
- Collaborate with our partner software development teams to ensure technology and approach consistency.
- Define and embody best practices of performance, scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility to design solutions that meet operational requirements.
- Investigate new technologies and techniques and research ongoing industry developments through a partnership with the platform engineering team.
- Three years of experience building web applications in a team-based environment.
- Strong understanding of complex applications that utilize RESTful APIs and services.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Comfortable with Git and Github.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to both technical and non-technical coworkers.