Functional QA Lead
Our Studio is looking for a Functional QA Lead for our headquarters to build and manage a world-class team as we embark on a journey spanning multiple years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QA as a discipline at ProbablyMonsters is responsible for confirming and reporting on the status of projects developed by a partner studio by writing, executing, and reporting against test plans, milestone verification, and other tasks related to removing ambiguity around deliverables and verifying quality standards and design intent.
As a Functional QA Lead, you will work directly with a partner studio to define best QA practices and partner with them to meet project deliverables with minimal bug wake and high efficiency, leading to more iteration and better experiences for their players. You will work across multiple disciplines to implement and effectively utilize QA resources against the unique goals of each project. You will help teams take QA responsibilities into account in development and champion a strong culture of quality.
The Functional QA Lead will not only provide key project support but also help us focus our QA approach across all efforts. You will participate in hiring, on-boarding and training new QA professionals, provide insight and guidance on the creation, maintenance, and improvement of QA tools and processes, and lead the charge in closing and shipping projects.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Typically, eight-plus years’ experience testing software or games
- Typically, five-plus years’ experience as a QA Lead
- Responsible for writing test plans, test specs, and test cases
- Ability to mentor and collaborate with developers on upholding best QA practices
- Ability to maintain a strong culture of quality and mutual respect with partner development teams
- Ability to utilize test tools such as bug databases and test case management software
- Experience with agile or scrum development
- Passion for Test as a discipline and career path
- Solid project management and technical expertise with knowledge of software life cycle and understanding of applicable practices, principles, and methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively and present to a diverse audience
- Proven managerial skills including team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, negotiation, and decision making
- Proven record of maintaining professionalism and confidentiality with proprietary information
- Experience testing at least one AAA game
- Experience working with the Unreal engine
- Experience managing game projects with long term sustainment plans
- Experience working directly with game development teams
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience testing a multiplayer game
- Experience testing open-ended games
- ISTQB Foundation certification
- ISTQB Manager certification