Senior UI Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters’ Battle Barge Team
Our mission is to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe shared experiences build connections and give us a sense of belonging. By involving players in our development process, we build richer and more vibrant worlds that become welcoming places for everyone to gather. We are currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-op RPG and warmly welcome those ready to take on new challenges and grow in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
We are seeking a Senior UI Engineer who is passionate about cultivating a strong, healthy, and collaborative engineering team for our unannounced, original Co-op RPG. This individual will be responsible for building intuitive interfaces that turn navigating complex systems into highly engaging experiences. They will partner with designers and artists to understand needs and visual style. Daily tasks will include helping architect and build UI systems, expand/optimize gameplay systems, communicate and support a veteran team; while helping create a new exciting IP.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are respectful, trustworthy, open-minded, and approachable.
- You are passionate about working effectively with others.
- You like to wear many hats on a project.
- You strive to achieve excellence in your own work and find supporting others just as gratifying.
- You like to get out of your wheelhouse to help solve difficult problems.
- You want to create something spectacular with people that is beyond any one person’s ability.
- You are comfortable owning large-scale UI systems and features in a highly collaborative and supportive environment without supervision.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Collaborate and communicate with multi-disciplinary teams to design, create, layout, and code the UI/UX experience.
- Guide the technical design, implementation and cohesive integration between gameplay systems and UI.
- Communicate tradeoffs of different systems, possible solutions for complex problems, and address risks from design decisions Build pragmatic, reliable, and shippable code.
- Professional experience with C++
- You have experience writing UI and core technology code
- Experience shipping a game
- Experience with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience developing for multiplayer online games.
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $147,800 - $221,700 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.