Lead Level Designer
Our studio is looking for a Lead Level Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Lead Level Designer is responsible for being the main advocate for the quality of environmental gameplay, putting our Level Designers in the best position to succeed, and driving multi-disciplinary development to realize the Game Director's creative vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are extraordinarily passionate about building spaces for competitive games. You enjoy picking apart your favorite PvP maps, imagining how you would make them better, and frequently cracking open a map editor just for fun.
- You are an accomplished level designer. You have an impressive portfolio of shipped PvP maps, which includes a few gems that look amazing and are beloved by players.
- You take pride in your ability to mentor other level designers to success. You create insightful best practices, communicate in a way that's inspiring, and keep the level design staff empowered and creatively aligned.
- You are literate enough in environmental art and content creation to reliably put artists in a position to do their best work and create inspiring team dynamics.
- You have a great instinct for the best way to balance art and level design, so spaces simultaneously look great and play amazing.
- You are incredibly knowledgeable about multiplayer level design tools and workflow. You can work directly with tools engineers to make sure we have truly exceptional tools.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Working with the Design Director to update our level design best practices.
- Getting your hands dirty and working directly on massing out a new map.
- Helping a level designer debug why a space isn't coming together by applying concise design principles.
- Participating in a weekly sync with other lead and senior designers.
- Formally reviewing a map with the Design Director & Game Director.
- Playtesting the game and giving candid notes on how we can improve it.