Technical Program Manager
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
The Product Group is responsible for the end-to-end success of our family of studios within our ecosystem, accelerating development and providing vision, support, guidance, tools, and processes to solve common development challenges, allowing teams to focus on making amazing games.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our team. In this role, you will partner with production across all studios, and report into the Product group to accelerate our game teams’ production and help solve core technical production and remove annoying blockers.
In this role, the key focus is on scalable workflows, tools, and connective infrastructure that the Studio Group implements within our family of studios. You will have the experience and background that can firsthand craft workflows between tools and systems such as Jira, Shotgun and informational dashboards, with the context of understanding what game developers will need at each stage of development.
Partnering with engineering teams to design, spec and produce more complex technical systems and tools beyond simple scripting, you’ll also be accountable for how we evolve our ecosystem of studio based production systems.
Who You Are
- A technical self-starter that can learn workflow tools and software to support the planning and development process of all out studios and development teams.
- You love working closely with the studios’ production teams to provide great partnerships, excellent systems, and services to allow them to ship efficiently and worry free.
- You are familiar with production tools such as Jira, Shotgun and Unreal, and know how to choose the right tool and process for the job at hand to optimize delivery.
- Someone who can design and prove out concepts before handing over to engineering teams for full implementation.
- You can translate between all game disciplines and create plans and implement solutions to that empower and enable all teams through cross-discipline collaboration and development-driven production.
- Able to work to a strategic vision and tactically implement solutions that have both short and long term goals.
What You Will Do
- Work within the Product Group, reporting to the Director of Production, to create technical solutions for our family of studios, as well as manage projects overall across the Production Group.
- Collaborate with studios to gather requirements and present solutions that can scale, be easily supported, and work well across all our systems.
- Review and propose solutions for production tooling, processes, and workflows for tools such as Jira, Shotgun, and Maya.
- Be accountable for project managing, running sprints, tracking, and reporting, and risk management for all initiatives.
- Work both strategically and tactically to execute on Product Group initiatives, tracking and reporting against roadmaps to our business stakeholders.
- Manage the flow of communication owning healthy relationships between all stakeholders.
- Serve as a friendly resource for other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skillset.
- 3+ years of technical industry experience, in a technical role with planning and issue tracking software such as Jira, Azure DevOps, Excel and MS Project.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with a wide variety of people and skill sets both inside and outside of the development studio while maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Ability to script to implement prototypes in VBA, Jira, Shotgun, Maya and Unreal.
- Core knowledge of production and project management methodologies, Kanban, Scrum, Agile, and Waterfall.
- Values that align to our people first culture that evangelizes diversity and inclusion.
- Goal oriented and driven and ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Bonus: expert in Jira and Shotgrid, or the appetite to become one.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.