Senior Technical Producer
About The ProbablyMonsters™ Central Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Supporting multiple simultaneous AAA game projects with shared resources and benefits, our Central Team connects all studios by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences. Members of the Central team provide HR, Finance, IT, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Biz Dev, and Operations guidance so our development studios get the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
The Central Team is looking for a seasoned, world-class Senior Technical Producer / Program Manager to join our team. In this role, you will partner with production across all studios, and report into the studio group to accelerate our game teams’ production and help solve core technical production and remove annoying blockers.
In this role, the key focus is on scalable workflows, tools, and connective infrastructure that the Studio Group implements within our family of studios. Part producer, designer, and engineer, you have the experience and background that can firsthand craft workflows between tools and systems such as Jira, Shotgun, and informational dashboards, with the context of understanding what game developers will need at each stage of development.
Partnering with engineering teams to design, spec, and produce more complex technical systems and tools beyond simple scripting, you’ll also be accountable for how we evolve our ecosystem of studio-based production systems.
Who You Are:
- A technical producer with a proven track record of delivering AAA quality games or incredible apps and user experiences, through all development stages, leveraging best production practices whilst maintaining a positive culture.
- You are a self-starter with a passion for designing and building workflows, tools, and systems to support production excellence.
- You love working closely with the studios’ production teams to provide great partnerships, excellent systems, and services to allow them to ship efficiently and worry-free.
- You are an expert in production tools such as Jira, Shotgun, and Unreal, and know how to choose the right tool and process for the job at hand to optimize delivery.
- Someone who can design and prove out concepts before handing them over to engineering teams for full implementation.
- You can translate between all game disciplines and create plans and implement solutions that empower and enable all teams through cross-discipline collaboration and development-driven production.
- A strategic thinker that can build a vision and build a plan to execute both short and long term.
What You Will Do:
- Work within the Studio Group, reporting to the Director of Production, to create technical solutions for our family of studios.
- Collaborate with studios to gather requirements and present solutions that can scale, be easily supported, and work well across all our systems.
- Review and propose solutions for production tooling, processes, and workflows for tools such as Jira, Shotgun, and Maya.
- Be accountable for project managing, running sprints, tracking, and reporting, and risk management for all initiatives.
- Work both strategically and tactically to execute on Studio Group initiatives, tracking and reporting against roadmaps to our business stakeholders.
- Manage the flow of communication owning healthy relationships between all stakeholders.
- Serve as a friendly resource for other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skillset.
- 5+ years of professional industry experience, 2+ shipped game titles (end to end) on console and PC as a producer or program manager.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with a wide variety of people and skillsets both inside and outside of the development studio while maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Ability to script to implement prototypes in VBA, Jira, Shotgun, Maya, and Unreal.
- Core knowledge of production and project management methodologies, Kanban, Scrum, Agile, and Waterfall.
- Values that align to our people-first culture that evangelizes diversity and inclusion.
- Goal-oriented and driven and able to juggle multiple projects.