Senior Accounting Manager
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 230 likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a seasoned, highly motivated Senior Accounting Manager with strong business acumen and accounting skills to join our world-class team! This is a 'roll up your sleeves; hands-on position, requiring technical skill and business insight to join a focused team reporting to the Director of Finance and collaborating closely with internal stakeholders and external partners.
The ideal candidate possesses solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, positive, flexible, has a high level of integrity, and is action and goal-oriented on a fast-paced, growing, and collaborative team.
Who You Are:
- You have experience performing complex financial consolidations and reporting for multiple entities with a thorough understanding of how to drive system and process improvements to enhance reporting and forecast accuracy, with experience scaling the function in high-growth environments.
- You are a curious, internally motivated self-starter with the ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results in a high-growth, dynamic, and respectful environment where you never know exactly what each day brings.
- You are ready to take the next step in your career and grow with a leading company involved in multiple game development projects as part of an exciting industry.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and coordinated the annual consolidated financial statement audit, partnering with auditors and internal stakeholders to ensure successful completion.
- Assist in managing the annual budget process, including creating budget templates and supporting data for each department/product, consolidating budget submissions, presenting budgets to senior Leadership, coordinating revisions until the budget is approved, and uploading the budget to the ERP system.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies, including reviewing and implementing process and system changes.
- Participate in strategic financial projects, including the evaluation and implementation of long-term ERP solutions.
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns for multiple entities and other tax projects.
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and research regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Identify areas to improve and automate reports and processes and support new initiatives resulting in greater accuracy and efficiency.
- Encourage continual enhancement of the quality, efficiency, and scale of financial information produced through business controls and process improvements.
- Have a four-year bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of six years of experience in progressively more complex accounting or financial reporting roles, including at least two years at an Accounting Manager or equivalent level.
- High growth private company experience highly valued, particularly in technology or video game industry.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced accounting principles, accounting systems, internal controls, and financial reporting processes.
- Systems-focused and experienced with the use and implementation of various technology solutions from ERP Implementations to advanced Excel report generation.
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communication skills, enabling concise and simple communications of complex concepts.
- Public accounting firm experience preferred.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and can work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.