Senior Product Marketing Manager
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead and oversee the global marketing strategy for Cauldron. This role sits within the Global Product Marketing Group which is responsible for championing a global team of world-class marketers who have launched industry-leading games and are committed to mentoring, training, and developing the next generation of video game marketers.
Who You Are
- You have a passion for storytelling, putting it at the center of everything you do; from the consumer journey to the way the franchise is represented, you want audiences to have a visceral and emotional experience with the franchise
- You strive for disruptive marketing ideas and have an entrepreneurial, learning mindset
- You are driven to create exceptional experiences and iconic brands through collaboration and partnerships across multiple teams
- You thrive in an environment of respect, trust, and inclusion, empowering our talented teams to develop their best games without distractions
- You believe good, is simply not good enough, you strive for excellence and groundbreaking in everything you do
- You are proficient at current and emerging social media platforms that Gen Z audiences love
- You routinely survey the industry to understand the current market trends and have a thirst to understand gamer segments, their behavioral patterns, and what motivates them
What You Will Do
- Distill key insights from consumer trends and behavior to inform studio’s leadership with game development and planning
- Partner with development teams and publishing leadership to create global launch and post-launch marketing plans for a new AAA gaming IP
- Develop the consumer segmentation framework and criteria with Brand Marketing
- Work with development teams to conceptualize and define value proposition against competitor games
- Work across multiple departments to define the marketing elements of the business plan such as global market sizing, global sales forecasting, marketing budgets, price strategy, localization strategy, launch plans, launch timing, and product lifecycle management
- Own the creation and approval for a broad variety of assets including key art, packaging, trailers, paid and owned media, point-of-sale materials, marketing copy, PR and community key messaging
- Develop IP brand strategy and oversee the creation of style guides, product packaging, manual content, legal routing, customer service messaging
- Guide web and community teams in developing product and community websites, social marketing initiatives, and consumer engagement strategies
- Collaborate with first party platforms, digital storefronts, and publishing partners to identify marketing co-programs and support them into the execution phase
- Manage the global sales strategy and flawless and consistent deployment of assets across all retail by partnering with channel marketing
- Reinforce the studio and company’s vision, mission, and creative principles through internal and external communications
- Interpret player feedback and make actionable recommendations to the development and brand marketing teams
- Serve as New IP spokesperson for designated product as needed for partnership opportunities
- 6+ years of Marketing experience; preferably in the videogame industry
- Managed end-to-end marketing strategies for at least one AAA blockbuster IP
- 4+ years of global or regional experience outside North America
- Deep knowledge of video games for PC or console platforms, from indie to AAA blockbusters
- Strong mix of creative, strategic, and community building qualities with a complete understanding for Gen Z audiences
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of driving corporate narrative in a way that easily resonates with external and internal stakeholders
- Open and collaborative approach to align stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- MBA is a plus
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.