Live Services Director
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.
We are looking for a Live Services Director to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the machine that results in the holistic functioning of ProbablyMonsters studios' games content live services to ensure financial success, positive player sentiment, and organizational health. The ultimate goal is to ensure that ProbablyMonsters games have a content long-tail, on-going market, and community relevance, and their sustained business is viable.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for putting people first and possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- You can collaborate and work effectively across all business groups in a fast-paced and creative environment.
- You are a strategic planner that thrives on execution with a focus on continuous improvement.
- You are process-oriented and have a goals-based leadership approach.
- You have demonstrable product acumen to guide subjective product decision making.
- You are a strong leader capable of making necessary decisions while applying high emotional intelligence to build confidence within your team, rather than amplifying stress during times of stress and crisis.
What You Will Do:
- Build, mentor, and maintain a high functioning team with a culture of transparency, honesty, openness, and freedom to fail.
- Model, design, and iterate on the multi-discipline composition for the ProbablyMonsters' Live Services Team.
- Build quarterly and annual goals and KPI's.
- Work with Publishing and Development to chart optimal release date timing for live content.
- Collaborate with Game Services, IT, and Information Security to create sustainable systems for live operations.
- Prioritized and focused LST efforts around our highest ROI strategic initiatives. Help all LST members maximally utilize their time and exhibit strong time management.
- Understand and give input into how key partnerships can help/integrate into products' Live Service Content.
- Build and maintain 'Live Game Operations' reporting process to share up-to-date on games' market performance – encompassing all KPI's.
- Work with Marketing and give input into Consumer Products, E-commerce, Product Development, and Brand.
- Integrate with Development and Support teams – Vision, Collaboration, Communication, Planning, and Execution.
- Integrate with test a Release Management building pipelines and workflows, content implementation understanding of live service content.
- Product responsibilities - working with live services team and other studios teams to build a roadmap of live content releases ensuring future success.
- Actively participate in the product greenlight process to ensure each release has a product design that provides Live Services success.
- Product quality - ultimately responsible for ensuring Live Service content is delivered on time, under budget, to the quality, and meets KPI's.
- You will work with Publishing, Business Development leadership, and the other Game Directors to ensure the sustained, long-term health of all the games.
- 6+ years of experience shipping successful AAA games with live game content.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to execute within business constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and partner across complex organizations to drive results.
- Able to maintain a delicate balance between business priorities, resource capacity, and stakeholder needs while keeping collaborative relationships.
- Ability to distill complex ideas into communications effective across a variety of stakeholders from different functions.