Senior VFX Artist, Advanced
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a versatile and experienced Senior VFX Artist, Advanced who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to players around the globe. At ProbablyMonsters, we appreciate the value of partnering with other disciplines to create something special, and you will work closely with a multidisciplinary group to create and implement visual effects for this highly stylized new IP in the early stages of development.
As a qualified candidate for this role, you first and foremost consider yourself a game developer. You are a skilled and approachable communicator and an artist who stays current with the techniques of your craft and you strive for excellence and growth. You should also be committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment. At ProbablyMonsters, we are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best in class action game experiences.
The salary range for this position is $136,866 to $221,700. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an independent, motivated, and self-aware artist who is excited to add life and visual drama into a unique setting and a diverse cast of world-class characters.
- Your work demonstrates your ability to create high quality and entertaining visual effects and an expert understanding of motion and visual design principles.
- You have a deep understanding of visual effects systems and workflows, and the ways that visual effects impact a game.
- You are effective at presenting your positions and ideas to positively influence the project.
- You are proactive about evangelizing for your team to improve tools and workflows.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and create stylized visual effects using Unreal’s Niagara VFX system.
- Collaborate with Art and Design to create evocative effects that articulate gameplay and visually elevates our world and a cast of unique characters.
- Collaborate to establish workflows and best practices for the VFX discipline.
- Participate in our teamwide playtests to evaluate how your assets are playing and to give and receive notes on the experience.
- A reel that displays an expert understanding of hand-painted particle systems, full-screen effects, and principles of motion design.
- An advanced proficiency in visual effects workflows & DCC programs (such as Photoshop, After Effects, Houdini, etc.)
- Experience in Unreal Engine's Niagara creating particle systems
- Shipped at least 1 game as a VFX Artist
- At least 8+ years of experience as a VFX Artist
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including sign-on bonus, annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. Each team is led by creative leaders united under a strong, focused vision. They're given the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.