Senior Level Designer, Advanced
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and team focused Senior Level Designer, Advanced. You will join a team in the early stages of developing a new franchise. Our team will be focusing on action game play, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early pre-production phase.
We are seeking a Senior Level Designer, Advanced who is experienced in building levels, encounters and/or game modes for action games. We are in an early phase of development where exploration and innovation happen quickly, and are balanced against building tools and hardening the core game. Being able to prove out initial versions of new concepts without additional technical support is an important part of this role. We are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best in class action game experiences.
The salary range for this position is $126,728 to $221,700. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Enthusiastic about level design and design fundamentals.
- Comfortable working in the highly iterative and ambiguous realities of early game development.
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Effective at breaking down complex ideas and communicating them effectively across disciplines.
- Motivated and independent when possible, unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always willing to offer help.
- Skilled at giving and receiving feedback on game design and interpersonal interactions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Drive the creation of worlds, including activities, encounters and level design.
- Prototype level creation systems and tools that support rapid content creation.
- Work closely with art and narrative to ideate new biome concepts.
- Playtest and help evaluate encounters to help drive how AI and players interact.
- Attend playtests and provide constructive feedback across all aspects of the game.
- Communicate the technical requirements and vision for design workflows and pipelines.
- Support the team with desk side communication.
- 8+ years of professional experience as a Designer.
- Experienced in level design and knowledgeable in many other areas of design.
- Advanced Unreal Blueprint or related scripting engine experience and/or foundational experience programming in C++/C#.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including sign-on bonus, annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.