Senior Product Marketing Manager
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 230 likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a like-minded Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead and oversee the global marketing strategy for a new AAA gaming IP. This is a meaningful role with growth potential and reports to the Director of Strategy and Product Development. This role sits within the Global Strategy & Marketing Group which is responsible for championing a global team of world-class marketers who have launched industry-leading games and are committed to mentoring, training, and developing the next generation of video game marketers.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for storytelling, putting it at the center of everything you do; from the consumer journey to the way the franchise is represented, you want audiences to have a visceral and emotional experience with the franchise.
- You strive for disruptive marketing ideas and have an entrepreneurial, learning mindset.
- You are driven to create exceptional experiences and iconic brands through collaboration and partnerships across multiple teams.
- You thrive in an environment of respect, trust, and inclusion, empowering our talented teams to develop their best games without distractions.
- You believe good, is simply not good enough, you strive for excellence and groundbreaking in everything you do.
- You are proficient at current and emerging social media platforms that Gen Z audiences love.
- You routinely survey the industry to understand the current market trends and have a thirst to understand gamer segments, their behavioral patterns, and what motivates them.
What You Will Do:
- Distill key insights from consumer trends and behavior to guide the studio’s leadership with game development and planning.
- Partner with development teams and publishing leadership to create global launch and post-launch marketing plans for a new AAA gaming IP.
- Develop the consumer segmentation framework and criteria with Brand Marketing.
- Work with development teams to conceptualize and define value proposition against competitor games.
- Work across multiple departments to define the marketing elements of the business plan such as global market sizing, global sales forecasting, marketing budgets, price strategy, localization strategy, launch plans, launch timing, and product lifecycle management.
- Own the creation and approval for a broad variety of assets including key art, packaging, trailers, paid and owned media, point-of-sale materials, marketing copy, PR and community key messaging.
- Develop IP brand strategy and oversee the creation of style guides, product packaging, manual content, legal routing, customer service messaging.
- Guide web and community teams in developing product and community websites, social marketing initiatives, and consumer engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with first party platforms, digital storefronts, and publishing partners to identify marketing co-programs and support them into the execution phase.
- Manage the global sales strategy and flawless and consistent deployment of assets across all retail by partnering with channel marketing.
- Reinforce the studio and company’s vision, mission, and creative principles through internal and external communications.
- Interpret player feedback and make actionable recommendations to the development and brand marketing teams.
- Serve as New IP spokesperson for designated product
- 6+ years of Marketing experience; preferably in the videogame industry.
- Managed end-to-end marketing strategies for at least one AAA blockbuster IP.
- 4+ years of global or regional experience outside North America.
- Deep knowledge of video games for PC or console platforms, from indie to AAA blockbusters.
- Strong mix of creative, strategic, and community building qualities with a complete understanding for Gen Z audiences.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of driving corporate narrative in a way that easily resonates with external and internal stakeholders.
- Open and collaborative approach to align stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.Experience working for a videogame publisher is a plus.
- MBA is a plus.