Game Tools Engineer (Unreal Engine 4)
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Game Tools Engineer (Unreal Engine 4) to help us redefine how games are made! In this critical role, you will dive deep into a game studio’s workflow and implement solutions that will empower teams to create impactful experiences faster and more effectively. As a part of ProbablyMonsters, we’ll then empower you to take those lessons and craft them into powerful solutions to benefit all our studios.
Who You Are:
- You see game development as a team effort and are driven by seeing you and your team learn, grow, and succeed together in a respectful and supportive environment.
- You enjoy writing high quality, flexible, easily maintainable, performant software and thoughtfully supporting others to do the same.
- You thrive on humbly engaging with creative teams and empowering them to realize their vision in the games and content they create.
- You strive to proactively find solutions to the development workflow challenges faced by game teams, especially those challenges that seem impossible.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with our game studios to learn the details of how they operate and the best ways we can empower and support them.
- Collaborate with our game studios and the ProbablyMonsters engineering team to design and implement state-of-the-art tools, utilities, and workflow solutions to support all our studios.
- Thoughtfully instrument the tools and processes we use to discover and validate valuable workflow improvement strategies.
- Develop new engineering skills alongside your team as you engage in the development of multiple AAA games simultaneously.
- Promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer-focus.
- At least three years of experience building tools for game development
- At least one year of experience building tools or game functionality inside of Unreal Engine 4 using C++
- Experience supporting the development and retail release of at least one game.