Technical Program Manager
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class Technical Program Manager for our Core Services team to help drive tool and process improvements that support all teams companywide. In this role, you will help us build technology to solve the studios' immediate needs balanced against the eventual goal of having robust, scalable services to support live games and the core services, teams. This role will require strong coordination with our partner studios, a solid vision of where we need to go, and the agility to change our path when the need arises.
Who You Are:
- You find great joy in completing challenging projects.
- You inspire teams to work together to solve their problems.
- You relish helping a young, fast-growing company coordinate and organize.
- You relentlessly track down potential roadblocks, assign risk and identify mitigations.
- You directly, and tactfully, detect and eradicate misalignment between teams.
- You always assume the people you work with make decisions with the best intentions.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
What You Will Do:
- Design, debug and deploy processes that help the company maintain its agility as it scales.
- Gather, collate and negotiate the priority of features with multiple customers.
- Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of engineering projects across multiple teams in a matrixed organization.
- Create visibility and clarity into the health and status of teams and programs.
- Develop services that millions of players will use.
- Put people first, every time.
- Four years working as a Technical Program Manager, Technical Project Manager, or Technical Producer working directly with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Coordinated at least one full, multi-team project from concept to launch.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Practical knowledge of production and project management methodologies, Kanban, Scrum, Agile, and Waterfall.
- Familiarity with project management tools like Jira and Project.