Senior UI Engineer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our team is looking for a Senior UI Engineer who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for working cross-functionally with artists, designers and other engineers on process and implementation of UI systems and features.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a solid foundation working closely with UI/UX and Game Design disciplines to formalize, disseminate knowledge, and implement complex UI features.
- You can own and assist in the creation of the UI facing elements of large-scale game systems.
- You have been a contributor throughout the entire production process on a game, from early prototyping to shipping (wrangling bugs, going through certification processes, etc) and beyond (understanding the results of architecture decisions after launch, prioritizing issues for patches, etc.)
- You are able to bring your own shipping experience to the project and educate the team about challenges and pitfalls you’ve overcome when shipping titles
- Experience integrating backend services with player facing features that require complex UI interactions.
- Excellent communication skills and track record of successful shipped features paired with the ability to communicate with various disciplines.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Assisting your lead to help breakdown high-level technical requirements into specific tasks and create an implementation plan.
- Collaborating with other teams like gameplay, design, and backend services to worth through UI needs for various features.
- Working with UI Artists and Technical Artists to help implement key UI features.
- Participating in playtests to see how the UI is working in context and giving holistic notes on the game.
- You have been a UI Engineer on at least 1 shipped title, helping the team from early production to ship, using Unreal Engine 4/5 (with UMG and Slate).
- Experience implementing features that are cross-disciplinary in nature.
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new code and technologies and extend it.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early-stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.