Senior Technical Cinematic Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Senior Technical Cinematic Artist who is passionate about interactive storytelling and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Technical Cinematic Artist, you will build and maintain the runtime cinematic pipeline and collaborate with the content and engineering teams to deliver the best possible cinematic experience.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy solving technical problems and take pride in enabling others to do their best work through technological solutions.
- You have a deep desire to push cinematic storytelling in video games.
- You love making video games and can empathize deeply with our players.
- You foster good working relationships with fellow teammates and can use your technical knowledge to bridge gaps and solve misunderstandings.
- You understand the unique design and scalability problems that come with runtime cinematics.
- You are an excellent communicator and can work with many different teams with ease.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with Cinematics Team to build and maintain an iterative and efficient cinematics pipeline.
- Combine and assemble all animated components for a cinematic in engine.
- Collaborate with engineering to solve a technical issue that occurs in a cinematic.
- Work with outsourced content and develop efficient pipelines for these assets.
- Work with the Cinematics Director to create a technically challenging camera move.
- Collaborate with the FX Lead to get an effect to behave properly in a cinematic.
- Join a playtest to see how characters are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- You have shipped at least one AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience as a cinematics technical artist.
- You are proficient in Maya.
- You have extensive experience with Unreal 4 Sequencer.
- You understand the Unreal 4 rendering pipeline and how to create great-looking cinematics with it.
- You are experienced working with mocap data in cinematics.
- You have experience working with a script or code to create cinematic pipelines.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience as a Technical Artist, Animator, or Designer.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com