Lead World Artist
Our studio is looking for a Lead World Artist who is passionate about art, games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Lead World Artist is responsible for guiding and inspiring a team of talented World Artists in bringing to life the incredible places in the team’s collective imagination.
WHO YOU ARE
- You strive for excellence in environment art and world building, with a flair for both the aesthetic and the technical.
- You have a passion for building competitive games and enjoy playing them.
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating new worlds and the technical mastery of your tools.
- You have a strong understanding of gameplay needs within the environments you create, and you enjoy the collaborative goal of finding the perfect balance with design and visuals.
- You pride yourself in your ability to effectively listen to and communicate with every member of your team in a way that inspires a confident and respectful workplace.
- You have experience shipping AAA titles, or equivalent game development experience.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You are knowledge and experienced in Unreal Engine and/or are excited to learn.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our Game Director and Level Designers to review your team's most recent work.
- Getting your hands dirty in-engine and building environments with your team.
- Collaborating with Concept Artists to help translate designs into 3D play spaces.
- Joining a playtest session to give notes and see how your environments feel in actual play.
- Meeting with your team to plan your goals for the next year.