About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are looking for a Director, Community to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the community communications strategy across the ProbablyMonsters portfolio of games. This is a meaningful role with growth potential and reports to the Head of Global Communications. This role sits within the Global Marketing Group which is responsible for championing a global team of world-class marketing and communication professionals who have launched industry-leading games and are committed to mentoring, training, and developing the next generation.
Who You Are
- You understand the role and importance of speaking for a game’s community and presenting their wants and needs to the company as a whole.
- You strive for disruptive communication ideas and have an entrepreneurial, learning mindset.
- You are driven to create exceptional experiences and iconic brands through collaboration and partnerships across multiple teams.
- You thrive in an environment of respect, trust, and inclusion, empowering our talented teams to develop their best games without distractions.
- You believe good, is simply not good enough, you strive for excellence and groundbreaking in everything you do.
- You are proficient at current and emerging platforms.
- You routinely survey the industry to understand the current market trends and have a thirst to understand gamers.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development of the ProbablyMonsters community, and game IP communities, across various social platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, Reddit, TikTok and YouTube.
- Provide oversight to studio-embedded community managers and assist on community comms where needed.
- Establish relationships with fans, listen to consumers, and engage in conversation through our owned channels on a daily basis.
- Identify opportunities for the brand to engage in wider cultural conversations and engagement trends.
- Act as an advocate for community members’ activities, suggestions, and concerns.
- Collaborate with product marketing managers and brand managers on campaign development and execution.
- Collate regular social media reporting and insights through the use of analytic tools.
- Assist in managing the global editorial calendar and assets.
- Manage and publish social media content in partnership with internal and external partners if required
- Work effectively with internal cross functional teams to drive 360 campaigns.
- Communications experience; preferably in the videogame industry.
- Managed communications strategies for at least one AAA blockbuster IP.
- Deep knowledge of video games for PC or console platforms, from indie to AAA blockbusters.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of driving corporate narrative in a way that easily resonates with external stakeholders.
- Open and collaborative approach to align stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Experience working for a videogame publisher is a plus.
Our Commitment To You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.