ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for an Associate Producer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You are responsible for evangelizing our development philosophy, refining our processes, keeping us focused, and connecting the dots that inform our successes and failures. In addition, you are a strong advocate for keeping our projects predictable, on time, within budget, and as accurately scoped as possible.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about helping our team members achieve their creative vision and believe in player focused development, where gameplay quality usually is prioritized first.
- You can draw complex information from teammates to accurately forecast where we're heading, spot trouble before it arrives, and push the team to address it.
- You are an active listener, aren’t afraid to ask questions, and are eager to help a team get more organized, or to communicate better.
- You have impeccable attention to detail and are able to get to the bottom of a problem with careful research when it’s required.
- You have the communication skills required to help different stakeholders understand a solution, problem, or plan, and if you can’t fill in the context, you know how to get the right people talking.
- You are excited about successfully debugging and refining development processes. You're passionate about helping people find a better way to work.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish or have equivalent game development experience.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Making sure that a studio-wide playtest is successful, leading a feedback discussion, and forming a report.
- Running a daily stand-up for a team and chasing down any blockers.
- Creating and maintaining a detailed asset spreadsheet for a complex chain of approvals. Speaking with tests to understand the scope better for a complex feature.
- Writing and running Jira queries to help the production team analyze team velocity against the project schedule.
- Setting the game up for a content review, and running the screen to bring up concept art or other reference materials to help guide the discussion.
- 1-3 years experience in production or project management in games, software or entertainment, or equivalent experience in game development in a different discipline
- Experience with software development production processes, Agile certification or some training a plus
- Experience or strong familiarity with project tracking software such as Jira, TFS, Shotgun or Hansoft
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com