Senior QA Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer, who will be responsible for evaluating what we are building for owned areas, creating test cases, and executing on test plans, to ensure we hit product quality goals. This includes building functional automation in Unreal Engine, partnering with development teams to build a quality focused development culture, establishing QA best practices and being the ultimate voice of quality for the end user and the product. This person will be able to use an engineered approach, to dive deep into technical product implementations, and root out the complicated bugs that lie within.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced QA Engineer who enjoys mentoring others.
- You are capable of working autonomously in areas of ambiguity.
- You are passionate about QA as a discipline.
- You want to build the foundations of QA in product teams.
- You have a growth mindset and value continuous improvement over time.
- You are a customer advocate.
- You enjoy the process of bringing a game project from concept to production.
What You Will Do:
- Write and execute test specs and test cases.
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test management software.
- Document defects and champion their resolution.
- Help the team build Functional Automation in Unreal Engine.
- Work with developers to determine what the highest value targets are during each stage of development.
- Provide regular feedback to the team about product quality.
- Use discretion working with confidential, proprietary information between groups.
- Take ownership for the quality of broad areas of a game project.
- Mentor other QA in your area(s) of expertise.
- Experience writing test specs, and test cases.
- Experience working directly with game development teams.
- Experience owning quality of 2 or more features in software or games.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience authoring or editing functional client automation.
- Experience working in early product development.
- Experience owning quality of multi-feature areas in software or games.