Senior IP Archivist and Editor
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Our studio is looking for a Senior IP Archivist and Editor to index, flesh out, and codify our
style guide; create and maintain the lore library and glossary for our IP; contribute to and
curate the ever-expanding and interlinking details of our characters and worldbuilding; and edit
player-facing content the Narrative Design Team or external partners produce to ensure it
meets our standards and lives up to our aspirations to deliver deep, inclusive, and resonant
WHO YOU ARE
- You love the stories that only games can tell.
- You care deeply about the lore scaffolding that supports worldbuilding and character creation, from the big-picture view down to the finest detail.
- You excel at providing players who care about lore with satisfyingly plunderable depths that adhere to internal continuity.
- You are a master at calling upon relatable real-life experiences, social constructs, political systems, and historical touchstones as inspiration for fleshing out fictional lore.
- You are excited about the opportunity to set the standards and style guild rules for a new IP.
- You have a well-honed editorial eye for tracking grammar and style-guide rules, and you also are proactive about looking for the tricky IP specific potholes that might be stumbled into.
- You are a dependable partner to the legal team, and can manage the relationship and tracking of all IP specific words/names.
- You are a dependable partner to the localization team, and can manage the relationship and tracking of all in-game strings.
- You have experience working with co-dev, OS, and other external partners to ensure internal style guide standards are upheld in all transmedia expressions.
- You have a knack for naming things, and a deep love of words/phonemes and etymology.
- You are an amazing collaborator who loves the creative process and working with other creative minds across disciplines.
- Your attention to detail is paramount and you are dedicated to the depths other folks might skim over – you love going down lore rabbit holes.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Defining the editorial IP style guide, including things like:
-Where our IP will align with traditional style guides and where we will set our own rules
-IP-specific wording/terminology rules (i.e. cultural references we will avoid)
-Tricky writing standardization rules specific to the way we choose to express ourselves (i.e. do we have our own emojis?)
-Punctuation and capitalization standards
- Creating documentation to make the IP style guide rules clear and easily accessible to partners
- Working directly with OS, co-dev, and other external and transmedia partners when needed to ensure all IP style rules are adhered to
- Working with localization teams to conduct preliminary assessment of in-game string content
- Work with non-EN localization partners to build their own localized style guides and keep them updated as needed
- Building documentation around our tone, IP, style, etc. to become the resident expert
- Maintaining the Glossary and IP Wiki
-Contribute to the brainstorming and content creation
-As pages are added, give them once-over for continuity (make any retroactive changes to other pages that are necessary), work with narrative designers to flesh out any holes, and make the appropriate links to other parts of the IP
- Writing in-world, player-facing descriptions, lore, flavor text, etc. for various game features.
- Shipped at least one AAA equivalent game from start to finish
- Experience working closely with designers and other interdisciplinary collaboration
- Experience tracking an entire IP’s lore
- A mind like an archive
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.