Senior Graphics Engineer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for helping architects and build our engine technology.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a lot of experience developing an optimized multi-platform graphics code taking advantage of each platform to its fullest.
- You love working with artists to achieve a cutting-edge vision and make our game look amazing while keeping us within our tight performance budget.
- You will help ensure a stable development environment and a high bar for code quality, including pushing the boundaries of what our code is capable of.
- Experience working in an online/multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title is a plus.
- You have strong interpersonal and development skills as you will collaborate with other engineers and disciplines.
- You believe that technical passion and common decency can and should exist harmoniously. You model that every day, using clear, direct, kind communication, both verbal and written.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and practices.
- You have a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: UE4/C++ or a proprietary game engine.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Craft pragmatic, reliable shipping code.
- Use social skills to communicate with development and leadership teams on tradeoffs of different code solutions, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving engine code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Participate in daily playtests to see how the game is playing and experience how your work is affecting the product.
- You have at least 8 years’ experience working in games.
- You have at least 6 years’ experience working on graphics systems.
- You can demonstrate the ability to build graphics systems and core tech pivotal to a game successfully shipping with continued live development.
- Capacity to collaborate with other disciplines to take high-level goals, and translate them into clear, measurable tasks.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.