About ProbablyMonsters’ Battle Barge Team
Our mission is to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe shared experiences build connections and give us a sense of belonging. By involving players in our development process, we build richer and more vibrant worlds that become welcoming places for everyone to gather. We are currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-op RPG and warmly welcome those ready to take on new challenges and grow in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
We are proud to be part of ProbablyMonsters, which secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our team with the resources and creative freedom needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
Our studio is looking for a Producer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for empowering the team through effective planning process of near-term work, building alignment on feature implementation direction with studio & partner engineering teams and championing clarity through clear communication of key feature work.
The salary range for this position is $88,000 – $127,600. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are excited about helping others find the processes that work best for them. You love working on refining processes to help others succeed in what they do.
- You believe that learning is a pillar to any effective team, frequently experimenting on how to improve and never getting stuck on a specific way of doing things if others propose alternatives.
- You are experienced in working with a broad range of individuals and can effectively manage conflict & misalignment to build a shared view of the way forward.
- You can draw complex information from teammates to forecast where we're heading, spot trouble that might arrive, and help the team to address it.
- You care about diverse perspectives, seek feedback often and are an active listener. You champion great organization and communication skills to help the broader team stay aligned.
- You believe video games are a great way for people to stay connected and can empathize with players who want to play games together.
- Working with the team to help improve how we track and plan near-term work across the studio, with an emphasis on empowering team members to plan their own work.
- Organizing, aligning and communicating near-term goals to help build clarity across the studio on key areas of focus and their current progress.
- Coordinate dependency planning across studio & partner teams, identifying gaps and risks to help build mitigations to avoid impacting project dates.
- Discuss and document details around how a feature will be implemented, to better understand requirements, dependencies and timing of work.
- Championing Quality as part of feature development, always ensuring QA has a voice at the table.
- 1-3 years experience in production or project management fields (game or software development), or equivalent experience in game development in a different discipline (i.e. QA or Engineering).
- You are experienced in working with teams using at least one Agile development methodology (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, FDD, SAFe, etc.).
- You have experience building out capacity plans, forecast projections and schedules/roadmaps for features and/or projects (Excel, Project, etc.)
- You are experienced in at least one project tracking software suite (Jira, Hansoft, Azue Dev Ops, etc.).
- You are able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with a wide variety of people and skill sets both inside and outside of the development studio while maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
- As a plus, you have formal education around project management or Agile certification/training.
- As a plus, you have experience with game engines, engineering workflows & automation systems.
- As a plus, you have experience working with Live Operations & Games-as-a-Service titles.
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. Each team is led by creative leaders united under a strong, focused vision. They're given the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.