About The ProbablyMonsters™ Incubation Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Our Incubation Team focuses on prototyping new ideas, new game concepts, new franchises, and the incubation of new studios with the ambitious vision to create genre-defining games for the next generation of players. This is one of those unique opportunities that only happen once in a lifetime. We are looking for an innovative and forward-thinking Incubation Engineer who will bring their own ideas, help the team continue prototyping new ideas, and build out to a shipping product. Joining a team this early means being an active member of the game direction, culture composition, and process. The team is excited about working with long-term industry colleagues. The team is also excited to work with engineers from other relevant fields.
Who Are You:
- Excited about working within your area of expertise as well as tackling new challenges
- Prefers tackling novel problems over creating new solutions for problems with known solutions
- You keep seeing the same mistakes being made and want to make new mistakes
- Collaborative; excited to learn, teach, and have discourse with professionals of all backgrounds
What You Will Do:
- Work with a small team to “Find the Fun” on a brand-new game
- Design and build technical foundations through all stages of development
- Help identify and prioritize tasks for the long-term tech roadmap
- Turn high-level objectives into tangible actions and execute on them
- Provide input to grow the product, development process, and culture
- 5 years of experience programming C or C++
- Experience making games either professionally or personally
- Experience working with a team of diverse disciplines
Nice to Have:
- Experience working within Unreal 4 / Unreal 5
- Experience working in a Client-Server networking model
- Experience shipping features in a video game
- Experience with shaders and rendering