World Building Lead (Writing)
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a World Building Lead (Writing) who is passionate about creating universes and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our World Building Lead (Writing) is responsible for creating, editing, and collating the history, cultures, places, and goings-on in our IP.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are driven to achieve excellence in creative world-building.
- You are a skilled writer that has a knack for creating fictional places that feel real.
- Your imagination takes you to far-away places where exciting adventures are the norm.
- You are an amazing collaborator who loves the creative process and working with other creative minds.
- You love crafting worlds where there is no detail too small or historical events too obscure.
- You are a great communicator, able to work across disciplines comfortably.
- You are great at managing tone and style to a consistent experience.
- Your writing is impactful and thrilling.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with the game director to review your latest set of ideas.
- Iterating on the history of a planet to inspire the art team and fill their heads with ideas.
- Working with other creatives on an exciting new idea that is inspiring the team.
- Reviewing work with Directors and Leads to ensure there are alignment and consistency across disciplines for the IP.
- Collaborating with the Locations team on an idea for a new world.
- Documenting and editing the fiction guide so other creatives understand the guidelines.
- Going to a playtest to see how the fiction is working and to give notes on the entire game.
- Working with the character team to help realize the backstory of an important character.
- Working with the narrative team to inject deep fiction into the cinematics.
- Shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience working on major IP.
- Excellent world-building writing samples.
- Experience managing other writers and editing their work.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com