Senior Build and Release Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Senior Build and Release Engineer to join our release management team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing our source control systems, making the build farm hum like a well-oiled machine, and taking our continuous integration/delivery systems to the next level.
Who You Are:
- You are respectful, trustworthy, and approachable.
- You have many years of experience managing source control, build farms, and CI/CD systems (preferably for “AAA" game development).
- You are passionate and effective at working with others.
- You are driven to achieve excellence in technology.
- You have deep experience in and knowledge of automation and continuous integration technologies.
- You are well versed in the internals of operating systems and the underlying infrastructure needed to support performant systems.
- You are an expert troubleshooter who is comfortable diving into complex systems.
What You Will Do:
- Design and deploy CI/CD systems to support the development needs of multiple game studios.
- Manage all aspects of large scale source control depots.
- Build and maintain build system infrastructure used by the studios. Participate in the qualification and selection of underlying virtual/physical hardware needed to support the expected scale.
- Work closely with studio engineering teams to ensure integrations of new engine versions are efficient and problem-free.
- Ensure systems being deployed are supportable at a production level.
- At least 5 years of experience working with source control and build systems in production environments.
- At least 5 years of experience writing and debugging code in at least one language.
- Solid understanding of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and isolate problems quickly.
- Experienced in performance tuning and scaling production build systems.
Nice to Have Attributes:
- Experience with Unreal 4.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience with multiple source control platforms.
- Experience with console, PC, and mobile development.
- You enjoy playing video games.