Associate - Senior Hard Surface Artist
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Our studio is looking for an Associate - Senior Hard Surface Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Senior Hard Surface Character Artist are responsible for building world-class weapons, characters, and vehicles.
WHO YOU ARE
- You strive for excellence in hard surface modeling/texturing.
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating weapons, and your technical mastery of your tools.
- You pride yourself in your ability to effectively listen to and communicate with every member of your team in a way that inspires a confident and respectful workplace.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game-ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You have a willingness to grow, share and motivate others.
- You get excited about pushing the art bar and the gameplay experiences your models bring to the game.
- You are flexible, working on weapons/vehicles one day and hard surface characters the next.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with concept Artists, Designers, Animators, and Tech Artists to talk about Hard surface goals.
- Going to a playtest to see how your assets are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Create high-quality hard surface models from block out to in-game polished assets.
- Work on a weapon with designers and animators to make them feel great.
- Meeting with your team manager to plan your career goals for the next year.
- Provide feedback on workflow and tools.
- Traditional art skills: drawing, painting, sculpting, etc.
- Other skillsets: animating, rigging, concepting, etc.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.