OS Concept Art Manager
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Firewalk Studios is looking for an OS Concept Art Manager to join our team. The OS Concept Art Manager focuses on the visual development of the product, works closely with the Outsource Art Lead, Concept Leads, Production, and external vendors to ensure that the quality and integrity of the product meets or exceeds product vision, and pushes the boundaries of competitive visual quality.
With exceptional visual and communication skills as well as a strong understanding of the art creation process from an aesthetic, pipeline, and technical standpoint, the OS Concept Art Manager monitors the continuity of concept art assets with outside vendors.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have thorough understanding of concept art pipelines within the game development context.
- You excel in common inter-departmental collaborative relationships relating to creating functional concept art.
- You are familiar with what is required to produce workable concept art within a AAA, first person game context for a clean handoff to the next team.
- You are a flexible communicator who can take advantage of remote working tools and software (Email, Slack, Zoom, MSFT Teams, etc.).
- You can deliver feedback in a concise and constructive manner.
WHAT YOU DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with Outsource Art Lead, Lead Character Artist, Production, and other members of the Art Department to understand and communicate the visual goals of the project and maintain the consistency of this vision with external vendors and teams.
- Organize and prepare asset briefs, providing reference materials, documentation, and technical specs to our external partners based on team and project requirements.
- Review all deliverables for artistic quality and technical accuracy to provide clear and complete feedback to ensure all outsourced material meets visual and technical requirements.
- Work closely with the Outsource Art Lead and Production to track, organize, maintain, and document status of outsourced character art assets.
- Shepherd and improve the OS Concept Art pipeline between teams and enforce the process throughout the project cycle.
- Prepare OS materials for clean handoff and communicate readiness to team.
- Develop outsourcing documentation and ensure it stays complete and up to date.
- Define and execute creative strategies improve quality, cost-effectiveness, and risk mitigation of our products.
- Maintain strong creative relationships with existing partners and internal teams.
- Vet external parties for viability and quality and make recommendations on external vendors.
- Project management experience in video game development.
- An extensive background in Concept Art.
- Demonstrated experience in concept art creation within the context of high-end video game titles.
- Critical eye for core artistic principals including color, composition, anatomy, and perspective.
- Exceptional written and visual communication skills.
- Highly organized and self-driven with an attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Proficiency with JIRA, Shotgrid and other project management toolsets.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.