About The ProbablyMonsters™ Central Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Supporting multiple simultaneous AAA game projects with shared resources and benefits, our Central Team connects all studios by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences. Members of the Central team provide HR, Finance, IT, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Biz Dev, and Operations guidance so our development studios get the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
The Central Team is looking for a seasoned, world-class Workflow Engineer to help us redefine how games are made! In this critical role, you will dive deep into a game studio’s workflow and implement solutions that will empower teams to create impactful experiences faster and more effectively. As a part of ProbablyMonsters, we’ll then empower you to take those lessons and craft them into powerful solutions to benefit all our studios.
Who You Are:
- You see game development as a team effort and are driven by seeing you and your team learn, grow, and succeed together in a respectful and supportive environment.
- You enjoy writing high quality, flexible, easily maintainable, performant software and thoughtfully supporting others to do the same.
- You thrive on humbly engaging with creative teams and empowering them to realize their vision in the games and content they create.
- You strive to proactively find solutions to the development workflow challenges faced by game teams, especially those challenges that seem impossible.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with our game studios to learn the details of how they operate and the best ways we can empower and support them.
- Collaborate with teams throughout ProbablyMonsters to design and implement state-of-the-art tools, utilities, and workflow solutions to support all our studios.
- Develop new engineering skills alongside your team as you engage in the development of multiple AAA games simultaneously.
- Promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer-focus.
- At least three years of experience building tools for game development
- At least one year of experience building tools or game functionality inside of a AAA game engine using C++ or C#
- Experience supporting the development and retail release of at least one game
- Unreal Engine 4 experience is a major plus
- Interest or experience in Cloud Services, Maya, and/or other Digital Content Creation Suite