Software Engineer, Workflow
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 230 likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
The Workflow and Tools team is a diverse, cross-functional group of developers that resolves workflow challenges common to all of our game studios. We uniquely benefit from being exposed to game-specific challenges within each studio as well as being closely connected to our central teams enabling us to learn, build, and iterate faster on cross-studio solutions than would be possible otherwise. We focus on enabling development teams to enjoy their job and be more productive by reducing overhead and improving developer productivity in areas such as build and service tooling, content creation pipelines, primary editor tools, game binary distribution, and playtest tooling.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class Workflow Engineer to help us redefine how games are made! In this critical role, you will dive deep into a game studio’s workflow and implement solutions that will empower teams to create impactful experiences faster and more effectively. As a part of ProbablyMonsters, we’ll then empower you to take those lessons and craft them into powerful solutions to benefit all our studios.
Who You Are:
- You see game development as a team effort and are driven by seeing you and your team learn, grow, and succeed together in a respectful and supportive environment.
- You enjoy writing high quality, flexible, easily maintainable, performant software and thoughtfully supporting others to do the same.
- You thrive on humbly engaging with creative teams and empowering them to realize their vision in the games and content they create.
- You strive to proactively find solutions to the development workflow challenges faced by game teams, especially those challenges that seem impossible.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with our game studios to learn the details of how they operate and the best ways we can empower and support them.
- Improve and extend solutions supporting the day-to-day building and automation of our studio’s products and development workflows.
- Define solutions to maximize the game developer experience of interfacing with our ever-growing ecosystem of services.
- Develop new engineering skills alongside your team as you engage in the development of multiple AAA games simultaneously.
- Promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer focus.
- At least three years of game development experience.
- Language experience with C++, C#, or Python.
- Game Development and Unreal Engine 4 experience are big pluses.
- Experience supporting the development and retail release of at least one product.
- Interest or experience in Cloud Services, Maya, and/or other Digital Content Creation Suites.