Senior Gameplay Engineer
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and collaborative Senior Gameplay Engineer. You will join a team focusing on action game play, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early phases of game development.
We are seeking a Senior Gameplay Engineer experienced in creating, communicating, and executing technical plans though all stages of a games production including post release. Someone with experience authoring gameplay code for shipped titles. You will join a team who are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best in class action game experiences.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Possesses strong gameplay instincts with a passion for building fun mechanics.
- Possesses a strong technical background related to overall game development.
- Capable of engineering innovative and practical solutions, and proposing solutions to leads and directors proactively.
- Upholding strong code design and implementation standards.
- Passionate about working in a multidisciplinary collaborative environment where iteration is a core aspect of our development process.
- Unwavering in your commitment to creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Skilled at giving and receiving feedback on game development and interpersonal interactions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and implement gameplay features such as encounter systems, AI, objectives systems, and animation systems.
- Collaborate with gameplay leadership and design partners to build and communicate roadmap priorities.
- Create technical designs including documentation and work estimates.
- Design and build technical foundations through all stages of development.
- Manage the planning, estimation and execution requested and self-directed tasks.
- Provide ideas and feedback on our technical and cultural development processes.
- Assist and mentor other engineers and team members.
- 5+ years of experience in gameplay engineering, with at least one shipped or live AAA title.
- Deep expertise in one or more areas specific to gameplay engineering such as: Animation, AI, Networking, UI, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working in AAA game engines.
- Experience working with a team of diverse disciplines.
- Strong 3D math knowledge.
- Strong communications skills.
- Experience working within Unreal 4 / Unreal 5
- Experience with game networking models
- Experience shipping a live game
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $147,000 - $222,000 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.