At Cauldron, we are passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community together, and we are excited to bring the best creative talent in interactive entertainment to bring these stories, your stories, to life. Proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios, our team is working on an unannounced, original AAA Adventure game and eagerly welcomes those interested in learning through collaboration and pushing the boundaries of their craft.
We are looking for a Lead Designer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating closely with the Game Director, and multi-disciplinary teams to create immersive and rewarding gameplay that keep players engaged and motivated. You’ll be responsible for driving team health, executing on the game’s vision, and working closely with Production to build a plan to execute agaianst. Broad knowledge of many design areas will give you the necessary tools to lead a seasoned team of designers from concept through release and will work directly with all stakeholders to ensure that each game system aligns with the creative and design vision for the project.
Who You Are
- Exhibits Positive, direct, collaborative communication to improve a shared vision.
- Driven to identify problems and independently find solutions
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to own design areas from initial inception through to implementation.
- In-depth understanding of game mechanics and player experiences across many genres and audiences
- A track record of thoughtful design collaboration
- A strong desire to help others refine their skillsets through dialogue and actions
- Enjoys being a mentor and strives to find growth opportunities in others
What You Will Do
- Your role has a major emphasis on people management, creativity, communication, problem solving and mitigation
- Work directly with the Creative Director to ensure that the vision is being properly executed and clearly communicated both internally and externally
- Collaborate with the Game Director on overall strategy and devise your own plans to achieve these goals.
- You will plan, detail, and supervise directly the work of Game Designers, with the goal of developing and delivering a new IP of exceptional quality
- Create and maintain detailed game design documentation
- Help the team understand how and why we are building specific features, own the process, and deliver results to the players.
- Mentor other game designers in their craft
- Communicate to the Design team the objectives, strategies, and high-level information related to the project. Offer full visibility on the progress and development of the game and others disciplines to the Design Team, and communicate Game Design progress and decision-making widely across the production to ensure full visibility & strong alignment between disciplines
- Several years of experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry, creating high-quality games.
- Several years as a design lead or director on a large title or team.
- Experience in mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- Experience in console/ AAA game development.
Our Commitment to You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.