Technical Art Director
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Technical Art Director who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Technical Art Director is responsible for setting the bar for technical visual excellence in all our experiences.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about technical art. Your intense curiosity and imagination for bridging art & technology are ceaseless.
- You pride yourself in absorbing the artistic vision and using engine technology to make it the best it can be.
- You are a great communicator and you pride yourself on being able to work with many different disciplines.
- You love solving problems and enabling others to do their best work through technical solutions.
- You are committed to fostering an environment of continual learning for the entire team.
- You are world-class at turning artistic and design vision into extraordinary in-engine results.
- Inefficient workflows and pipelines deeply offend you and you work hard to streamline them. You find intense personal fulfillment in rooting out obstacles and replacing them with something fast and amazing.
- The latest in engine technology excites you and fills your mind with possibilities.
- You love making and playing video games.
- Discussing the latest rendering advancements with the Art Director and how they may benefit our project.
- Directing work on a technical feature that will enable an amazing player experience.
- Getting your hands dirty working on tech art tasks directly to make sure work gets done to your quality bar.
- Meeting with members of the engineering team to discuss upcoming features and pipelines.
- Proposing elegant solutions to a challenging gameplay experience goal.
- Joining regular playtests to gain a deep understanding of the direction of the game and giving notes on your experience.
- Programming and or scripting knowledge (Python, C#, C++ or similar).
- Shipped at least two successful AAA titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Experience with Shaders and Rendering Pipelines.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com