Technical Art Director
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Technical Art Director who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Technical Art Director is responsible for setting the bar for technical visual excellence in all our experiences.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about technical art. Your intense curiosity and imagination for bridging art & technology are ceaseless.
- You pride yourself in absorbing the artistic vision and using engine technology to make it the best it can be.
- You are a great communicator and you pride yourself on being able to work with many different disciplines.
- You love solving problems and enabling others to do their best work through technical solutions.
- You are committed to fostering an environment of continual learning for the entire team.
- You are world-class at turning artistic and design vision into extraordinary in-engine results.
- Inefficient workflows and pipelines deeply offend you and you work hard to streamline them. You find intense personal fulfillment in rooting out obstacles and replacing them with something fast and amazing.
- The latest in engine technology excites you and fills your mind with possibilities.
- You love making and playing video games.
- Discussing the latest rendering advancements with the Art Director and how they may benefit our project.
- Directing work on a technical feature that will enable an amazing player experience.
- Getting your hands dirty working on tech art tasks directly to make sure work gets done to your quality bar.
- Meeting with members of the engineering team to discuss upcoming features and pipelines.
- Proposing elegant solutions to a challenging gameplay experience goal.
- Joining regular playtests to gain a deep understanding of the direction of the game and giving notes on your experience.
- Programming and or scripting knowledge (Python, C#, C++ or similar).
- Shipped at least two successful AAA titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Experience with Shaders and Rendering Pipelines.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.