About The ProbablyMonsters™ Central Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Supporting multiple simultaneous AAA game projects with shared resources and benefits, our Central Team connects all studios by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences. Members of the Central team provide HR, Finance, IT, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Biz Dev, and Operations guidance so our development studios get the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
The Central Team is looking for a seasoned, world-class Principal Producer to join our team. In this role, you partner with production across multiple studios and report to the Product group to accelerate our game team’s production and help solve core production and development issues.
If you’ve led game production teams across the whole development lifecycle many times, and understand live game production inside out, this is the role for you. You’ll be the force that enables our developers to make cutting edge experiences by building tools and processes to guide studios through the minefield of production. Our studios have some of the most accomplished talent in the industry, and you’ll work with them to be the collaboration catalyst to develop the best production practices across the whole business. You’ll also be integral to the evolution our Development Framework as we scale and support live game services to empower our game studios, providing turnkey solutions to remove common pitfalls.
Who You Are:
- A production leader with a proven track record of delivering AAA quality games, through all development stages, leveraging best production practices whilst maintaining a positive culture.
- You are a self-starter with a passion for production excellence and a connector to bring experts together to help solve business-wide problems.
- You love working closely with the studios’ production teams to provide great partnerships, excellent systems, and services to allow them to ship efficiently and worry-free.
- You enjoy setting up workflows and pipelines that can easily scale across teams and business groups.
- You have a passion for optimizing the end-to-end process of planning and delivery, together with a broad resource of experience to draw on for production methodologies and how best to implement them.
- You are no stranger to production tools such as Jira, Shotgun and Excel, and know how to choose the right tool and process for the job at hand to optimize delivery.
- You can translate between all game disciplines and create plans and implement solutions to that empower and enable all teams through cross-discipline collaboration and development-driven production.
- Accomplished in being able to create plans, milestones, and drive release schedules for both boxed and live services games, with the insight of operating a live game at scale.
What You Will Do:
- Work within the Product Group, reporting to the Director of Production to facilitate studios onboarding to our Development Framework.
- Directly working with studios as production support as needed, to implement the production process and be accountable for planning, tracking, and delivering game milestones.
- Develop, evolve, and share best practice processes for all stages of game development from a production perspective.
- Drive the evolution of the Development Framework bidirectionally from studios and business feedback, iterating, updating, implementing and communicating out changes.
- Work both strategically and tactically to execute on Product Group initiatives, tracking and reporting against roadmaps to our business stakeholders.
- Communicate Product Group activities, status, issues and plans to key constituents across the organization including production, engineering, QA, services, marketing, and business development.
- Plan milestones, provide estimates, manage risks and assign tasks, ensuring external generated work is completed on time.
- Manage the flow of communication owning healthy relationships between all stakeholders.
- Serve as a friendly resource for other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skillset.
- 8+ years of professional industry experience, 3+ shipped game titles (end to end) on console and PC as a producer or program manager.
- In-depth knowledge of production and project management methodologies, Kanban, Scrum, Agile, and Waterfall.
- Previous experience with Live Operations, Community Management, and Marketing/PR teams for GaaS titles.
- Experience in building and leading teams, with a people-first culture that evangelizes diversity and inclusion.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with a wide variety of people and skillsets both inside and outside of the development studio while maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Goal-oriented and driven and able to juggle multiple projects.