Community Developer (Manager)
About the Co-op RPG Team
We are an ambitious team of creators who love making original games with our community and have set out to create boundless new adventures that bring people together. Currently, we’re developing an unannounced, AAA co-op RPG based on a new, wholly owned IP. To us, involving players in the development process fosters a diverse, engaged community that ensures our rich and vibrant worlds are welcoming places for everyone to enjoy together. Join us to take on new challenges and grow in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
We are proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios that recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
We are looking for a Community Developer (Manager) to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for laying the groundwork at the Co-op RPG Team for a player relations program that respects and builds trust with our players. You’ll build activities that connect us with our players, improve engagement, and help grow the game with the community.
This role will require travel for events.
Who You Are:
- You love games and the communities that are formed around them.
- You are a direct and empathetic communicator who always has a pulse on how others are feeling.
- Energized by being an official spokesperson, enjoy public speaking, and are a natural storyteller.
- You understand game development and can communicate complex concepts in easily understood and exciting ways
- You listen and review data to better understand the differences between player sentiment and behavior.
- You are detail orientated and an empowering collaborator. Guiding others to engage with the community is as rewarding as interacting yourself.
What You Will Do:
- Build a player relations program that furthers our community first approach to game development.
- Direct activities and conversations that improve our player-developer feedback loop.
- Speak publicly on the game, representing the co-op RPG team and ProbablyMonsters.
- Follow and participate in community conversations to dig deeper and share valuable player insight.
- Measure, monitor and generate actionable reports on player sentiment that highlight trends and opportunities.
- From patch notes to roadmaps and design posts, write and help others transform game updates into engaging player centric communications.
- Partner with the ProbablyMonsters external communications team to align on strategic communications objectives
- Build community plans that support the game’s development.
- Lead updates to our Discord, including bots, automation, and tools.
- Experience as a community manager or related role on a live game.
- Clear knowledge of best practices for operating community channels.
- Have worked directly with development teams.
- Excellent written and editorial skills.
- Have built, managed, or worked on Discord servers.
- Experience reviewing and reporting on player data is a plus.
- Community work on a game in development is a plus.
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.