ProbablyMonsters is looking for a versatile and experienced Animator who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to players around the globe. At ProbablyMonsters, we appreciate the value of partnering with other disciplines to create something special, and you will work closely with a multidisciplinary group to create and implement visual effects for this highly stylized new IP in the early stages of development.
As a qualified candidate for this role, you first and foremost consider yourself a game developer. You are an approachable communicator and an artist who stays current with the techniques of your craft and you strive for excellence and growth. You should also be committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment. At ProbablyMonsters, we are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best in class action game experiences.
The salary range for this position is $88,009 – $127,600. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.WHO YOU ARE:
- You are a motivated, and self-aware artist who is excited to breathe life into a diverse cast of world-class characters.
- Your work demonstrates your ability to create high quality and entertaining character animation and an understanding of motion and visual design principles.
- You have a functional understanding of gameplay animation systems and workflows, and the ways that animation impacts a game.
- You provide feedback to your team to improve tools and workflows.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create compelling, stylized character animation that evokes the personality of a cast of unique characters.
- Collaborate with Designers to create evocative animation that articulates gameplay mechanics.
- Provide feedback on workflows and best practices for the animation discipline.
- Participate in our teamwide playtests to evaluate how your assets are playing and to give and receive notes on the experience.
- A reel that displays an understanding of weight, posing, body mechanics and timing in hand-keyed animation.
- A proficiency in modern animation workflows & DCC programs (such as Maya, MotionBuilder, etc.).
- Shipped at least 1 game as a gameplay animator.
- At least 2+ years of character animation experience.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.