Senior Level Designer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Level Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Senior Level Designer is responsible for being an architect of environmental gameplay and working with a team toward building great PvP maps.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are extraordinarily passionate about building spaces for competitive shooters. You enjoy picking apart your favorite PvP shooter maps, you imagine how you would make them better, and you frequently crack open a map editor just for fun.
- You are an accomplished PvP Level Designer. You have an impressive portfolio of shipped PvP maps, which includes a few gems that are beloved by players.
- You are an effective & inspiring communicator. You have the ability to make abstract-level design concepts intuitive to other disciplines and people enjoy working with you.
- You have a great instinct for the best way to balance art and Level Design, so spaces simultaneously look great and play amazing.
- You are incredibly knowledgeable about PvP Level Design tools and workflow. You can work directly with tools engineers to make sure we have truly exceptional tools.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Blocking out a new PvP level
- Playtesting the game and giving candid notes on how we can improve it
- Communicating and interacting with other departments to bring our levels to life
- Helping another Level Designer debug why space isn't coming together by applying concise design principles
- Participating in weekly sync with other designers to discuss the game holistically
- Proposing an update to our Level Design best practices
- You have shipped at least one successful "AAA" title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience
- You have strong knowledge and experience with modern PvP shooter Level Design
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.