Senior Gameplay Generalist Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters’ Battle Barge Team
Our mission is to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe shared experiences build connections and give us a sense of belonging. By involving players in our development process, we build richer and more vibrant worlds that become welcoming places for everyone to gather. We are currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-op RPG and warmly welcome those ready to take on new challenges and grow in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
We are seeking a Senior Gameplay Generalist Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for helping develop our player combat for our unannounced Action Looter. You will partner with other team members to help design, build weapons, movement and abilities for players and enemies. You will also be responsible for prototyping and helping build pipelines for flexibility related to these systems.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have experience writing C++ code for a shipped game. Experience with fast paced online games a plus.
- You like to solve difficult problems you haven’t encountered before, thinking through possible solutions and side effects.
- You like working closely with a team in a respectful and supportive environment and strive to be open-minded and approachable.
- You can work iteratively to find the fun in gameplay and lead conversations and design approaches to tune systems to make them shine.
- You are excited to learn about aspects of the project outside of your main role. You pitch in to fix problems other people haven’t noticed yet.
- You play and understand games, and can help turn community feedback into real solutions.
- You want to work with a team to create something spectacular that is beyond any one person’s ability
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build pragmatic, reliable, and shippable code
- Work with a talented team to craft solutions for a wide variety of gameplay challenges
- Guide conversations on tradeoffs of core gameplay systems, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks from design decisions
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving game code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things
- Professional experience making games with C++
- Experience shipping a game
- Experience with crafting/building weapons and character movement systems
- UE4 experience is a plus
- Multiplayer/Networking experience is a plus
- Experience working on an ARPG or Looter Shooter
- Experience working on online multiplayer games in a “live” environment
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $147,800 - $221,700 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.