Unreal Engine Network Programmer/Architect
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for an Unreal Engine Network Programmer/Architect who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for helping architect and build core gameplay systems technology and tools.
WHO YOU ARE
- You can build improved networking solutions to support gameplay systems.
- You will help ensure a stable development environment and a high bar for code quality, including pushing the boundaries of what our code is capable of.
- You have strong interpersonal and development skills as you will collaborate with other engineers and disciplines.
- You believe that technical passion and common decency can and should exist harmoniously. You strive to model this every day, using clear, direct, and kind communication, both verbal and written.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and practices.
- You have a high level of proficiency in UE4/C++.
- Experience working in an online/multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title is a requirement.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Craft pragmatic, reliable shipping code.
- Use social skills to communicate with development and leadership teams on tradeoffs of different code solutions, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving game code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Participate in daily playtests to see how the game is playing and experience how your work is affecting the product.
- You have at least 6 years of experience working in games.
- You can demonstrate a deep knowledge of Unreal’s networking stack and know how to improve it based on specific gameplay system needs
- You can demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Unreal’s core architecture.
- Capacity to collaborate with other disciplines to take high-level goals, and translate them into clear, measurable tasks.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers