Senior VFX Artist
About ProbablyMonsters’ Battle Barge Team
Our mission is to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe shared experiences build connections and give us a sense of belonging. By involving players in our development process, we build richer and more vibrant worlds that become welcoming places for everyone to gather. We are currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-op RPG and warmly welcome those ready to take on new challenges and grow in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
We are proud to be part of ProbablyMonsters, which secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our team with the resources and creative freedom needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
Our studio is seeking a Senior VFX Artist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible crafting iconic and impactful visual effects while evoking the imaginations of players all over the world.
The salary range for this position is $110,866 to $176,000. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an extraordinary VFX Artist with a portfolio that reflects your deep passion and mastery of your craft.
- You specialize in Stylized VFX that are optimized for engine performance with an eye for timing, impact, color.
- You place a high value on collaboration and open communication to create an environment where everyone feels that they are working together towards a common goal.
- You understand the high-level goals and evaluate your work through the experience of the player.
- You enjoy working closely with Designers, Environment Artists, Character Artists and animators to help them realize the VFX they are after.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate with our Art Director to gather feedback about your most recent work.
- Partner with Level Designers and Principal Artist to brainstorm an effect's implementation in the world.
- Speak with Concept Artists to explore the fiction of your work.
- Playtest your latest work and give notes on the game as a whole.
- Meet with your team manager to plan career goals.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills.
- You have shipped a AAA game or equivalent experience.
- Your portfolio demonstrates a mastery of stylized VFX.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience with Unreal 4 or 5 is a big plus.
- Experience with Niagara is a bonus.
- Ability to concept VFX storyboard sequences is a bonus.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including sign-on bonus, annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. Each team is led by creative leaders united under a strong, focused vision. They're given the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.