Senior Software Engineer, Engine
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Engine for the Game Services team. This team's mission is to magnify the engineering teams across all studios, bringing specialized knowledge and common solutions so they can focus on making the game fun. In this role you will help our game studios build incredible experiences by contributing to shared ProbablyMonsters technologies. It requires the ability to empathize with our studio teams while simultaneously pushing to write high quality, scalable, easy-to-maintain, reusable, and centralized software.
Who You Are
- You take pride in writing high-quality software
- You prefer building technology that can support multiple games
- You can dig into problems in foreign codebases, turning vague goals into flexible implementations that all teams can leverage
- You have a broad set of skills necessary to build games and continue to seek new ones
- You live to empower creatives to achieve their vision
- You care deeply about the user experience of your solutions
- You promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer-focus with an open mind
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with other disciplines to build game engine plugins and systems that support content creators across all studio teams
- Build cross-platform game engine integrations allowing studio teams to seamlessly access our platform features, third-party services, and libraries
- Build a sample cross-platform game to demonstrate our technologies
- Work alongside studios to help them integrate our technologies
- Advise other engineering teams with game engine best practices and techniques
- Provide feedback on our technologies to improve them for future games
- 4+ years of professional experience in the game industry as a software engineer, with deep practical knowledge in game engine and systems development using C/C++
- 2+ years of professional experience creating systems for content creators
- Contributed to at least 1 shipped game title
- Capacity to collaborate with other disciplines to take high-level goals, and translate them into clear, measurable tasks
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working on a cross-platform game title
- Experience shipping on multiple platforms (PC, Consoles, etc.)
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.